We are currently hiring for our new Bolton location opening in Autumn 2022
40 hours per week
The Duty Manager will report directly to Senior Management and manage the day to day aspects of the centre, as well as session delivery and appearance, including but not limited to:
- Managing a team of instructors, reception staff, and café staff
- Ensuring that food is produced and served on time and to a high standard
- Ensuring a high level of customer service expected by Rock Over Climbing and its customers
- Ensuring the centre is presented to the highest quality, this involves overseeing cleaning staff and cleaning throughout the day
- Overseeing all necessary paperwork throughout the day e.g. Safety briefings, bookings and registrations
- Working with instructors to ensure a high level of quality is maintained for all instructed and coached sessions
- Representing Rock Over Climbing by acting professionally at all times
- Opportunity to progress
- Experience in building, motivating and managing teams
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Be energetic and hardworking, and able to use own initiative
- Able to quickly and efficiently problem-solve
- Actively seek to improve the company in any way that they can
- CWI/RCI and other MLTB qualifications
- Experience routesetting
- Experience of climbing coaching and instruction
- Experience organising and maintaining a rota
- Experience as duty manager in a leisure centre/climbing centre
- Experience in a retail environment
- Experience of food handling, preparation and serving
To apply, email email@example.com with a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Please note the position is for the new centre in Bolton: 21 Lostock Lane, BL6 4BL
40 hours per week
The setting manager will be responsible for managing the internal and external setting rota as well as maintaining a high quality of problems with consistent grading across our Manchester Central, Bolton and Manchester South locations.
- Create and maintain a setting plan for all 3 centres
- Maintain and update a setting rota for internal and external setters
- Manage and develop an in-house team, providing training and mentorship where necessary.
- Monitor customer feedback and brief setters with feedback as necessary
- Assist with event and competition planning
- Place hold orders according to a budget
- Monitor the setting of the centre to ensure consistency of quality and grade.
- Monitor and maintain all setting equipment.
- Set alongside the team whenever necessary
- Experience of route setting in a commercial setting
- Rota and/or budget management
- High level of industry knowledge, including health and safety issues related to a climbing centre
- Competition experience
- Detailed understanding of the indoor climbing and setting industry
- Flexible and creative approach to work
What we’re offering:
- Salary £26,000-£30,000 (40hpw) dependent on experience.
- Free climbing for you and a plus one
- Staff discount on gear
- Training and development opportunities
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Please note the position will be based across all 3 centres