Rock Over Climbing
Located just 200m from Victoria Station, Rock Over Climbing’s first and biggest centre has been open for over 10 years and has a over 300 boulder problems, a dedicated event space and competition training area.
We offer a variety of classes as well as instructed group sessions for all ages and abilities. We also run several major competitions including ROCfest, GB Titans and the Greater Manchester School Climbing Championships.
0161 288 1218
Park Garage, Cheviot St, M3 1LW
Mon-Fri: 11am – 10pm
Sat-Sun: 10am – 8pm
● Step free entrance via non-permanent split ramp. Please ask a member of staff if you
require access via the ramp.
● The centre in spread across multiple levels separated by small steps or stairs.
● Music plays throughout the centre. Please ask if you would like us to turn it down and we
will happily do so.
● Loud drilling will occur during our reset days. Weekdays from 3pm onwards and
weekends are usually free from drilling.
● Accessible toilets with grab rail and alarm chord are available however they are on a
higher level only accessible via a small flight of stairs.
● Our cafe is equipped with an allergen guide, please ask a member of staff if you require
allergen information about our cafe items.
● We have a car park close to the centre. The car park surface is a little uneven and
gravelly. Plenty of on street short stay parking, long stay after 6pm.
● The centre is a short walk from Victoria station and the 59 bus stop. The street up from
the the bus stop (Julia street) is quite steep.
Find out what our customers think
I had a great day. The staff are lovely and welcoming... I felt very comfortable the moment I walked through the door. It was my first time climbing in Manchester, there are lots of spaces/bike racks for bicycles inside the premises so I knew my bike was safe while climbing. Can't wait to go back again 🙂
The best climbing centre I have ever been to. They have the best variety, the best route setters. They care about every ability and do not have a corporate feel. The staff are supportive and are always on hand to talk you through a climb and have a laugh. They also reset ALL THE TIME!
– Caleb Kane
Great place to go for some climbing fun, loads of different levels of climbing from children to really experienced, great coffee too and the staff were lovely.
– Martyn Walkden
We went to Rock Over last Saturday for their annual Rock Fest bouldering competition. It was awesome. Super well organised, very friendly, amazing route setting, amazingly inclusive, with very good prize money across a massive range of categories. Can't wait for next year.
– Matt Heason